Creative and Design Lead
Marketing, Full time
It's a great time to join our ambitious team and get involved with a business that is focused, fast paced and a really great place to work.
You'll be encouraged to share your ideas, try new things (and not worry if they don't go right the first time!) and take ownership of your own development. We have a training fund for you to spend each year, as well as the opportunity to earn up to 25% in performance related bonus. We also have; a beer fridge, pizza Friday's, sport always on in the office and regular social events!
Job Title: Creative & Design Lead
Location: Hammersmith/Remote (Hybrid)
Reporting into: CMO
Contract Type: Perm/Full-Time
About Oddschecker Global Media
Oddschecker Global Media (OGM) is an iGaming publishing group with a team of over 200 motivated and hardworking individuals based across the globe. Having long being aligned with Sky Betting & Gaming, we were acquired by Bruin Capital in 2021.
OGM is comprised of three affiliate brands (oddschecker, WhoScored?, CasinoSmash) and a digital media agency (VIME) with offices in the UK, Barcelona and Lithuania, and with products operating in regulated markets across the world, including in the UK, USA and throughout Europe.
OGM is a market leader in the gambling affiliate space with oddschecker being the leading name in odds comparison globally. The UK online gambling industry has been one of the fastest growing and technologically innovative sectors over the last 5 years, and OGM has been at the centre of this. Our current focus is on product innovation and international expansion.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the CMO, you will play a vital role in growing the 'oddschecker' and 'WhoScored?' brands through the creation and delivery of effective and engaging marketing campaigns.
You will be part of the Marketing Leadership Team, working collaboratively to support our three-year plan to grow our audience share, reposition our brands, and establish our products as essential betting companions.
You will take the lead on the creative output for Marketing at oddschecker.
Working closely with Brand, CRM, Content, Site Performance, PR and Media teams you will help to develop fully integrated, multi-channel campaigns by developing creative work that is impactful, distinctive, effective and consistent. Your creative ideas will help us to achieve our marketing and campaign objectives.
You will take your place as a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team, working collaboratively to generate marketing strategies, plan campaigns and execute with creative excellence. You will also contribute to creating and nurturing a positive, inclusive and creative working culture for Oddschecker Marketing and its talent.
Management of the Creative and Design Team:
This will include a Senior and Junior Designer plus a Motion Graphics designer, alongside a roster of freelancers. You will be responsible for the team’s daily output as well as the development of the team’s capabilities, processes and (crucially) the development of individuals, providing or recommending training as required.
Creative Partnership Management:.
Management of the relationship, development and output of any external creative partners, agencies or freelancers.
Responsible for finding the most impactful creative routes for our brands for every campaign; whether that is using external agencies, managing in-house or a combination of resources.
Management responsibility for the oddschecker Creative team. Ensuring that all necessary Marketing creative is produced and delivered on time and to a high standard, and is in keeping with our brand and campaign goals
Oddschecker Visual Identity:
Working directly with your Creative and Design team, the Brand Manager and the CMO, you will be responsible for the evolution and careful management of oddschecker’s visual identity. This includes creating a distinct and usable visual identity, managing its consistency and ensuring that the identity is in keeping with the vision and positioning of the brand. We anticipate a full guideline update in Q4 2022.
WhoScored? Visual Identity:
The formation of a new, coherent and contemporary visual identity for our WhoScored brand, working collaboratively with your Creative and Design team, the Head of Brand and the WhoScored? Product and Marketing teams.
Ensuring that the oddschecker brand has the necessary creative ideas and toolkit of advertising templates to deliver against campaign and brand objectives for all forms of advertising and on-site assets. Our positioning should be reinforced through consistency in every creative expression and be guided by your creative vision. The same applies to the WhoScored? brand and any future brands under our ownership. You will be expected to develop these in close collaboration with your colleagues; particularly the CMO and Brand Manager.
You’ll work alongside other teams within the business, especially the Product team, in order to ensure consistency across marketing assets as well as throughout the customer-facing product experience.
You will diligently endeavour to ensure that our campaigns comply with the myriad advertising and gambling-specific advertising campaign regulations and restrictions.
And last but not least, you will work closely with your Marketing colleagues to generate a culture of continuous improvement, with a focus on results and creative effectiveness.
We Need Someone Who Is…
- Experienced in leading a creative and design function in a client-side marketing team within an e-commerce business
- Well-versed in delivering digital media campaigns across a range of channels. Also has experience in managing digital brand identity changes and evolving visual identity over time skilfully
- Organised and capable of overseeing production, stakeholder management, and processes which could be categorised as ‘studio management, as well as being the creative leader
- Proven gift for generating creative ideas for brands and creativity beyond art direction, design and copywriting
- Skilled in design, art direction and creative ideation over a 10+ year period, meaning they are capable of hands-on work and possess an understanding of the skills and experience of less seasoned colleagues, along with the technologies and software they are using
- Proven to be a good empathetic and motivational leader
- Expert in digital media and creative technology
- Experienced in creative agency collaboration and management
- Outstanding design and creative skills
- Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator) fluency
- Hands-on expertise in designing for multiple platforms, such as online and print
- Knowledge and understanding of modern web design principles
- Experience producing multi-format creative for large-budget TTL marketing campaigns
- Great communication skills
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail
- Experience of producing creativity for the Betting & Gaming industries (and an understanding of the related regulatory restrictions)
- 5+ years of team/people management experience
- Motion graphics production (and hands-on) experience
You Will Be:You Will Be:
- A creative ideas person!
- Driven and energetic, with a can-do attitude
- Agile and adaptable
- Continuously seeking improvement and development
- Passionate about sport with an interest in sports betting
What You’ll Get In Return:
Alongside being challenged daily and fantastic opportunities for your professional and creative development, you will also receive:
● A competitive salary DOE
● A competitive bonus scheme
● Free Sky HD package, broadband and discounted Sky Talk
● Free PureGym membership
● Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
● Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
● £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
● 25 days’ holiday per year, which increases by one day for each year of service (up to a total of 30 days)
Did you know
Every team member gets a £1,000 a year to spend on their development
We are currently integrated with 80 bookmakers globally
One in ten bets online in the UK are touched by Oddschecker