Head of Affiliate Technology
Tech, Full time
It's a great time to join our ambitious team and get involved with a business that is focused, fast paced and a really great place to work.
You'll be encouraged to share your ideas, try new things (and not worry if they don't go right the first time!) and take ownership of your own development. We have a training fund for you to spend each year, as well as the opportunity to earn up to 25% in performance related bonus. We also have; a beer fridge, pizza Friday's, sport always on in the office and regular social events!
What you’ll do as Head of Affiliate Technology
This is an opportunity to lead the Oddschecker Affiliate technology teams, in a central role within the business. You will be responsible for the overall output and quality for the Affiliate technology team which will include growing and managing a team, as well as stakeholder.
You will be responsible for the technical strategy across the Oddschecker Affiliate platform. The role will require working closely with product and core development teams to ensure a consistent strategy is implemented in line with all other Oddschecker platforms.
This is a very visible role within the business and you should be proactive and ambitious, with the ability to manage expectations in order for us to develop the best products.
Your responsibilities, as Head of Affiliate Technology
- Build and lead the 4 Affiliate cross functional development teams, covering oddschecker and WhoScored products
- Responsible for the end to end development of the UK Web products and WhoScored products
- Responsible for ensuring development standards and quality is upheld
- Own and improve the SDLC and CI/CD practices within the teams
- Owning the reporting of technical NFRs
- Engagement across multiple development squads
- Acquisition and retention of engineering talent
- Manage expectations of senior stakeholders
- Mentoring and coaching all levels of engineers by setting up PDP and promotion plans in places
So, what experience are we looking for?
The candidate should be proficient in working as part of a team, a self-starter who has a keen interest in sports and the betting industry.
- Demonstrable experience in at least one software engineering leadership role
- A strong history of people management and hiring
- A proven track record in software development, having owned the technical delivery of at least one web product in the past
- Successful record of product releases within a fast growth environment
- Agile methodology experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and diplomatic approach
- Ability to build relationships with a number of stakeholders across the business, manage priorities and provide updates on key projects.
- Experience working in the gambling/gaming industry
- Technically strong in order to be hands-on, if needed
- Experience working with a backend or frontend development language
What you’ll get back from us…
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Free Sky HD package, broadband and discounted sky talk
- Free Puregym membership
- Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
- Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
- £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
- 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
Did you know
Every team member gets a £1,000 a year to spend on their development
We are currently integrated with 80 bookmakers globally
Our staff put away 1700 beers & 3000 slices of free pizza a year.