Head of Product
Oddschecker, Full time
It's a great time to join our ambitious team and get involved with a business that is focused, fast paced and a really great place to work.
You'll be encouraged to share your ideas, try new things (and not worry if they don't go right the first time!) and take ownership of your own development. We have a training fund for you to spend each year, as well as the opportunity to earn up to 25% in performance related bonus. We also have; a beer fridge, pizza Friday's, sport always on in the office and regular social events!
Job Title: Head of UK Product
Squad: UK Product
Location: Hammersmith (Hybrid/Remote)
What you’ll do, as Head of UK Product
As a member of the UK Leadership Team, you’ll be required to deliver high quality product that our customers love, all in support of our ambitious growth targets. To achieve this, you will:
- Lead a cross-functional product team of 9 including Product Owners, Product Designers and Customer Research
- Work closely with Tech, Marketing and Commercial leadership
- Build a deep understanding of our customers and products
- Establish a view of the broader market and current trends (industry and cross-industry)
- Create product strategies to achieve our business and customer goals
- Act as a product evangelist, continuously optimising ways of working
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and drive growth
- Define and track team performance against specific and measurable business/customer KPIs
- Ensure continuous customer validation and satisfaction
- Support decision making of priorities and resource allocation
We need someone who is…
An experienced, motivated and proactive Head of Product. We need an ambitious self-starter with a passion and understanding of sport, particularly football.
You’ll bring demonstrable experience with agile and scrum and have worked with development teams of different disciplines. You’ll lead a cross-functional team to create product strategy and work through others, supporting and coaching, to deliver against multiple roadmaps. You should therefore be an experienced leader, able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
A strong communicator, you’re happy to present ideas, knowledge, and vision to the team, leadership and wider business, while ensuring delivery of key product and business goals.
More about you…
Key skills and experience would ideally include:
- Developing and taking ownership of the product vision and strategy across multiple web & app platforms
- Experience leading broad product team of UX, research, product design and product owners
- Experience in fast-paced, high growth environments
- Demonstrable experience coaching and developing people
- Data driven mindset with goal setting experience
- A proven champion of the customer experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of user testing principals for A/B and MVT
- Experience overseeing agile delivery across multiple teams
What you’ll bring fresh out the box:
- Great attention to detail, organisational skills and a capacity to manage your own workload
- A natural problem solver, driven by finding value opportunities
- A passion for sports and betting
- A love for collaboration, with the ability to bring people on the journey
- An attitude to get on with things and find a solution
So, what will you get back from us?
Alongside being challenged daily and a real interest in your development, you will also receive:
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Free Sky HD package, broadband and discounted sky talk
- Free Puregym membership
- Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
- Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
- £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
- 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
Did you know
Our staff put away 1700 beers & 3000 slices of free pizza a year.
We are currently integrated with 80 bookmakers globally
One in ten bets online in the UK are touched by Oddschecker