Senior Product Designer
Product, Full time
It's a great time to join our ambitious team and get involved with a business that is focused, fast paced and a really great place to work.
You'll be encouraged to share your ideas, try new things (and not worry if they don't go right the first time!) and take ownership of your own development. We have a training fund for you to spend each year, as well as the opportunity to earn up to 25% in performance related bonus. We also have; a beer fridge, pizza Friday's, sport always on in the office and regular social events!
Job Title: Senior Product Designer
What you’ll do as a Senior Product Designer
As a Product Designer in our UK Business, you will work across two brands, oddschecker and Who Scored. You’ll be a leader in the design team delivering design for our web, native iOS and Android products. Working closely with the Head of Product, you will utilise, maintain and evolve our design system to rapid prototype new concepts, test and create new features that provide user value and help us achieve our long-term vision.
You will work closely and collaboratively with our in-house development teams to bring the features you work on to life, ensuring design criteria are upheld.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Product Designer
Reporting to the Head of UK Product, you will be responsible for creating contemporary, highly usable and intuitive UI’s. Any feature you work on should be brand-consistent and follow our established design language and established UX, whilst being mindful of the nuances of both the iOS and Material Design languages as well as common web UX patterns. This being said, as part of the Design function at oddschecker, you will contribute to the constant evolution of our design system.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Design intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for iOS & Android Apps
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, UX research, build, test, release, and maintenance
- Own the maintenance and evolution of design systems
- Rapid prototyping of ideas to present to stakeholders and use in research
- Stay abreast of UX trends and constantly look for creative ideas and inspiration
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns
We need someone who is/has
- Proactive self-starter who can take responsibility and ownership of design contribution
- Highly collaborative with experience engaging stakeholders in the design process
- Passion for our products and their potential
- Strong varied portfolio of multi-platform design
- Experience designing for different platforms, including responsive web, iOS and Android
- Strong UX/UI design skills, with a good understanding of typography and intuitive layouts
- Strong ability to recognise and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
- Excellent understanding of technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work
- Experience working with agile development teams
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Expert level skills in Figma, Sketch, InvisionApp and other relevant design tools
- Experience in user testing
- Rapid prototyping skills to validate concepts quickly
- Deep understanding of iOS and Android design languages
- Deep understanding of best practice web design patterns
- Experience working briefing and working with agencies
- Understanding of betting and sport
What you’ll get back from us
Alongside of being challenged daily and a real interest in your development, you will also receive:
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Free Sky HD package, broadband and discounted sky talk
- Free puregym membership
- Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
- Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
- £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
- 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
Did you know
One in ten bets online in the UK are touched by Oddschecker
Our staff put away 1700 beers & 3000 slices of free pizza a year.
We process on average 450 price changes per second.