Social and Content Manager
, Full time
It's a great time to join our ambitious team and get involved with a business that is focused, fast paced and a really great place to work.
You'll be encouraged to share your ideas, try new things (and not worry if they don't go right the first time!) and take ownership of your own development. We have a training fund for you to spend each year, as well as the opportunity to earn up to 25% in performance related bonus. We also have; a beer fridge, pizza Friday's, sport always on in the office and regular social events!
Job Title: Social and Content Manager
Reporting to: Head of Social and Content
What you’ll do as Social and Content Manager:
- Manage social channels day-to-day, maximising traffic opportunities with time-relevant posting around footballing events, breaking news and TV schedules
- Create regular rich and engaging content formats that resonate strongly with the audience
- Having a broad understanding of football and analysis through data is mandatory as you’ll be required to take the lead on major event planning and coverage
- Liaise and collaborate with social executives, designers, videographers and product teams to ensure alignment of campaign objectives and execution of strategy
- Source and manage written output with both freelance and in-house staff
- Line management of Social and Content Executive(s)
- Monitor and develop reports on WhoScored activity and competitor activity
- Work with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with product releases, campaigns and brand activity
- Monitor social trends to help WhoScored continue to grow, innovate and be a market leader in football statistics.
Your responsibilities, as a Social and Content Manager:
- Manage multiple social campaigns simultaneously cross platform
- Plan, produce and feature on both video and audio content
- Liaise with clients to ensure maximum performance across co-branded campaigns
- Manage and organise talent booked for content campaigns
- Have experience working with budgets
So, what experience are we looking for?
- At least two years’ experience working in social media and content teams, journalism, or sports marketing.
- Excellent knowledge of social media space, especially Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Socially-savvy with ear to the ground with latest news and trends in football
- Being a big football fan and having strong sporting and betting knowledge is a huge advantage
- Data-savvy. Ability to interpret football statistics for use in analysis
- Excellent copywriting skills with ability to edit, proofread and provide feedback
- General internet and computer software proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Knowledge in other sports such as horse racing, boxing and golf is favourable
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Free Sky HD package, broadband and discounted sky talk
- Free Puregym membership
- Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
- Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
- £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
- 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
Did you know
We are currently integrated with 80 bookmakers globally
Oddschecker had 3.9 million unique users in June2018 - enough to fill Wembley 43 times over
Our staff put away 1700 beers & 3000 slices of free pizza a year.