Our applications are now closed for 2019, but we'll be open again next year. Watch this space.
Work with the best tech. Create world class customer experiences. Disrupt the industry.
You’ll be part of a bespoke scheme, driven by your passion for tech and appetite to learn. It’ll be fast paced and you’ll deliver meaningful work to help us to deliver on our ambitions.
In 2019, we're running three schemes:
- Back End
- Front End
Whichever scheme you join, you'll work in a fast paced and innovative business, which is 100% cloud based, running our services in Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform.
You'll learn in a TDD environment as part of our multi-disciplinary squad structure. Working closely with Product Owners, Designers and Analytics teams, you will be constantly engaging with our products to make sure our customers are given the ultimate experience every time they use our platform.
Being an Oddschecker Technology Graduate
Develop your career working with the best tech as Back End developer (Java & Kubernetes)
As Back End developer at Oddschecker you will deal with algorithms, handle live streams of high volume of data and integrate different platforms and services to support every other product offered by the company.
As part of our Front End graduate scheme you’ll learn about and contribute to the customer facing components for a number of our web and app products, from which you’ll develop a solid grounding in the fundamentals of developing large scale consumer facing products.
Front End at Oddschecker means:
- Working on sites, app and widgets that are viewed by tens of millions of people every week.
- Experimenting and using the most cutting-edge technologies.
- Fast paced iteration.
- Gaining exposure to backend and platform technologies along the way.
What we do in Platform:
- Build – We build, maintain and scale Oddschecker backend platform tech stack hosted in GCP (Google Cloud)
- Automate – We ensure that all tech stacks and solutions are resilient, repeatable and redundant by using tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Gitlab.
- Measure and Log – We measure and graph everything! You can only solve something once you can measure and understand it. We use a combination of tools including Grafana, Prometheus and Elasticsearch to help prevent and identify issues in a proactive manner.
- Scale – We build and improve systems so that the can grow from handling 100 request’s a second to 100000 request’s a second.
Tech stack that we work with: Java, Python, Go, Bash, Terraform, Ansible, Nginx, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Rabbitmq, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, Grafana, Prometheus, Gitlab
“I came in as a junior and already feel that I’m four times the developer I was a few months ago”
What it takes to join the team
- Ambition! We work in a fast paced and exciting environment, so are looking for graduates who want to take charge of their career, are self-motivated and challenge the status quo.
- Your background could be in any of the following:
- Computer Science (please note that this background is essential for DevOps applicants!)
- STEM degree, with a real passion for programming
- Creative; if you’ve done a music degree with a special focus on technology, this scheme is also for you!
- A passion for sport is imperative, but knowledge of betting and gambling sector can be developed and will be key aspect of your induction and ongoing learning.